1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love them both, but egg nog gets the nod this time of year!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Definitely wrapped.
3. Colored light on house/tree or white? I like all white.... I am funny about everything looking uniform. (My best friend is laughing her head off right now- she knows what a freak I am. Hush up, Polly.)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? YES!
5. When do you put your decorations up? I usually like to start putting things up Thanksgiving weekend, but this year I'm a little behind.....
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I love all of it! But if I had to choose just one- cornbread dressing. I could live on a deserted island with a pan of that stuff and be as happy as could be.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I have a large family and I remember being so excited about everybody being together on Christmas Eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Believe it or not, I actually never had a thing about Santa.... my parents never put much emphasis on that, and plus, when I was little we didn't have a chimney, and I was way too rational to believe that my Mother would let a strange man in a red suit into our house on Christmas Eve. (Told you I was a freak...)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes!!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I love lights, but I also love ribbons and bows and ornaments that have sentimental value. One day, I hope to have a tree with all handmade ornaments!
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? Love it! We usually don't have much snow in this part of the country at Christmas, but I keep hoping....*sigh*
12. Can you ice skate? No. Two words- weak ankles.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember being excited about certain gifts.... I have a picture of me when I was about 3 or 4 with a little train I wasn't expecting to get. You can tell by my face I was thrilled!
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? I always take time to read the story of Jesus and remember WHY he was born. I love the song "The Angels Cried"... especially the part that says, "the Angels knew what was to come; the reason God had sent his Son from up above... it filled their hearts with joy to see, but knowing of his destiny, came tears of love...."
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? FUDGE!!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Ever since I can remember, the menu for my family's Christmas gathering has always been- homemade Hot Tamales and chili- YUMMO!
17. What tops your Christmas tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. (But I love getting homemade Christmas candy and fudge, too!)
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "What Child is This"... I also love "Silver Bells"- that was my Momma's favorite.
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yum, but only the peppermint kind- I don't like the cinnamon or fruity ones.
21. What do you want for Christmas? I would love to have a nice coffee pot, since my other one conked out and the $12 dollar one from Wal-Mart I replaced it with smells like it's on fire when it brews.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? No.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Are you kidding? Pajamas all the way!
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Ummm, I think I do- it's probably buried in a box of decorations somewhere.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Mine and Hubby's families.
This was fun.... I'm going to bend the rules a bit now- instead of nominating anybody in particular, just leave me a comment answering one of the questions, or do the whole tag on your blog! (Just be sure to let me know so I can come over and read yours!)