My lovely friend Ann from Annie Fannie's Green Acres has tagged me to tell 6 unimportant things about myself, so here goes....
1. I started going gray at 19. I'm 38 now and mostly gray, but the real reason I dye my hair is because I have a large gray streak that runs from my forehead all the way to the back on top. In other words, if I didn't dye it I would look something like a redneck Kitty Bartholomew.
2. Speaking of redneck... I tried snuff (dip) on a dare from my cousin when I was 10 years old. I threw up for three days. I cannot get near a can of Skoal Wintergreen to this day without dry-heaving.
3. Speaking of smells... if someone wears very loud perfume or cologne around me, I get a migraine. I once went out with a boy whose cologne made me so sick I had to tell him after 3 dates I couldn't see him any more. But, being the nice person I am, I never told him he was "Killing me softly with Polo".
4. I hear people talk about news flash moments they will never forget, like when President Kennedy was shot, or something like that. The moment I'll always remember is when Elvis died... I was 7 years old and had come in from playing outside, and my Mom was just standing there frozen listening to the news on the radio... it was really weird. And I really loved Elvis, too.
5. I get cracked up very easily at the worst possible times... like at a funeral or something where you're supposed to be extremely quiet. I'll start thinking about something really stupid, then I have to get up and leave because it will spill over into uncontrollable laughter if I don't.
6. I am still fairly new to the whole blogging thing, but my most humiliating blog moment so far came when I left a comment for someone, and then had to type the word verification twice. After I sent the comment sailing through the airwaves I noticed to my horror that I had accidentally typed the first word verification on the end of my comment. So in other words, it looked something like this...
"I really like your blog. frdpopshhthhmj"
I was so embarrassed I thought I would die.
Now that you know a lot more about me than you probably ever wanted to... I hope you all still love me in spite of myself!!
6/19/08- Rats.... I forgot to tag anybody!!!
Hmmmm.... how about......
Kathleen from Yesteryear Embroideries, Pam from Bear Creek, Laura from Harvest Lane Cottage, and Farm Girl Pam from Life on a Southern Farm!